How to use 40 inventive principles? How to invent or solve a problem with 40 Inventive Principles?
40 Inventive Principles is a classical TRIZ tool, problem-solving tool. It is a very strong technique for new Ideas generation.
Fundamentals of the technique developed by Genrich Altshuller based on analysis, classification, and systematization of tens of thousands of patents.
Each patent is an example of a solved problem that is properly documented therefore we are able to use the patents for problem solving and ideas creation. Altshuller revealed extremely important things:
All patents in the world were made based on one of 40 principles. That means that any idea can be fitted into one of the 40 principles (Not 40 million and even not 40 thousand);
Any specific parameter that was analyzed while patent generation can be assigned to one of 39 general parameters (not 39 million and even not 39 thousand, even not 100, only 39 parameters);
Any problem can be described in the form of a contradiction of improving and worsening parameters. A problem solved if the contradiction is terminated;
Having improving and worsening parameters coming from a contradiction totally 3 – 4 relevant principles could be found as directions for the problem solution generation with the help of Alshtuller’s matrix.
What does it mean? This means that we also can use 39 parameters and 40 principles to solve our problems and create new ideas.
How it works?
– Our system will take you through the process to bring you to new idea generation:
Start to use the app. Click on any of orange buttons ONLINE PLATFORM and sign in to the app.
Open a new Project. Open a new project or choose a protect from the lest of challenges. The project title is important as a psychological part of the problem solving and new idea creation work.
Project tasks wizard. Mark “Find solution for the problem” in the task wizard and click “Start the project”
4. Complete tasks. Click on each task one-by-one and complete the tacks. Completion of the “Define problem statement” task is mandatory for the “Inventive principles” tool usage.
5. Choose Inventive principles tool. By clicking the relevant task or using the menu get to “Creative tools” page and choose “Inventive Principles”
6. Best known solution. Choose Inventive principles out of the proposed list of the inventive solving tools, click “Use” and insert your best-known solution, even very sophisticated and not achievable. This step is needed for the Engineering Contradiction formulation.
7. Engineering Contradiction. A contradiction is a form of the problem description. Please read your best-known solution, think and formulate the engineering contradiction in the form “IF (something will be done), THEN (something will get better – some parameter will be improved), BUT (something will go worse – some parameter of the system will be worsened). This step is extremely important.
8. Choose Improving parameter. The parameters can be found in your contradiction. Improving parameter can be recognized from the description after “THEN”. In the first field please describe your specific parameter that you are going to improve. In the second field scroll down and choose out of the list a general parameter that is relevant to your specific improving parameter. The description of the general parameter will appear below just after clicking the parameter.
9. Choose Worsening parameter. The worsening parameter can be defined based on the description mentioned in your contradiction after “BUT”. Insert a description of the specific parameter that is expected as worsening into the first field. Scroll down the parameters list in the second field and choose one that is the most relevant to your specific worsening parameter. Click “Next”.
10. Get the relevant principles. Based on Altshuller’s matrix PRIZ GURU system will pick up relevant principles for you. Please read the principles and explanations. On the right side, you can scroll down the list of different areas of the activity. Please choose the area that is relevant to your case. By clicking on the relevant area a relevant explanation of the principles will appear on the page. Perceive proposed principles and explanations as tips for thinking on your problem solving. Move from the first principle to the last one-by-one, read the explanations and think. Read and think about how the
11. Solutions/New ideas generation. This is very important and not such an easy step. Please remember that the system proposed to you certain principles because a similar problem was already solved using such principles. Please read the principles and explanations and think about how this could solve your problem. Please be completely disconnected from all other things, think inventive, think inventive principle. Do not skip the rest of the principles, go one by one, think and create ideas. Use the button “Record an Idea” for your idea documentation.
12. Ideas management. This is a critical step that allows you to have a look at all ideas that were generated, make relevant comments or corrections and start the ranking of the ideas using the Round-Robin Matrix method.
Report out will confirm the excellence and your ownership of the idea.
Click any of the orange buttons to get to the app and start using 40 inventive principles for your problem solving and idea generation.